Mop may be the best tool for cleaning floors but it might not address all your cleaning worries. Different houses have different types of flooring were cleaning them is a very challenging task. Especially the kitchen floor is vulnerable to get a lot of stains and then there are some other fluid spills which become too hard to clean. In such situations, people tend to look for the technique, which shows that how to clean floor without mop, where a sponge gives the most effective spot cleaning and a spin mop afterward may be used for complementing the cleaning task, but not necessarily. This is just one scenario where you could go for effective cleaning without a mop, but in several other cases of different types of floors, you can get the job done using different methods that do not involve mopping.
Floor cleaning with the use of a sponge instead of a mop:
Let us get into the nitty-gritty of mop-less cleaning and find out how that is done in the most effective manner. In this approach, you might need to get down on your knees in order to see the dirt closely and how worse the situation is. Further, a mop may not be able to clean out the tight or the blind spots in your room or kitchen, especially under the cabinets. Seriously, getting down on your knees with a sponge would not be any intensive labor at all. People get used to with the sponge scrubbing job after a couple of times and the toughest spots become very easy to clean.
Now let us get to the real meat of the matter and the following steps would help you clean your floor without using a mop:
- As a precautionary measure, always perform this task by wearing rubber gloves in order to protect your hands from chemicals.
- You need to then prepare your sponge. It should be clean and dry. The best practice is to microwave your sponge in the oven for 1 minute. This will help in removing any bacteria from the sponge. Allow the sponge to cool down for some time.
- The core of this cleaning approach is to first prepare a cleaning solution which should have ¼ cup of salt for every 1 liter of hot water. You may use a bucket or a bowl to make this solution. You may then add some bleach and any of your preferred cleaning agent.
- Soak the sponge in the prepared solution for some 5 to 10 minutes. While the sponge is soaked, squeeze it at least a couple of time so that the bleach from the sponge gets penetrated and this also supports in the exclusion of any organic remains.
- Once, the sponge is ready then reach the starting point of the floor from where you want to spot clean the floor. You may arrange and use a rag in order to support your knees when you get down on the floor.
- Dip the sponge in the solution, then squeeze it gently to remove excess water and then start scrubbing the floor. The sponge should then be squeezed into another bowl where you will be collecting the dirty water.
- At this point, you need to have an old but clean towel to dry clean the floor area. Make sure that you are carrying several towel pieces for complete cleaning of the floor.
There is no rocket science in going with the how to clean floor without mop approach. You can trust the discussed cleaning approach on various floor types, including wooden and tiled floors. This approach is not something to be done on weekly basis but should be kept when some deep cleaning is required.